[mythtv-users] ASUS Pundit

Carlos Betancourt carlos.betancourt at chello.be
Fri May 9 00:19:03 EDT 2003

El jue, 08-05-2003 a las 22:31, Brett Bolen escribió:
> Do you have xv running on tv-out? ( `xvinfo` )
>
> do you have both vga and tv-out running ( or dual vga working)?  how
> about xv on the second vga?
>
> how about sound?  any problems?  can you test dd5.1?
>
> I trying to choose between shuttle xpc ( amd/nforce2) at $330
> or this box ( intel/sis) at $180...
>
> here's some info:
>
>   http://www.linuxtested.com/results/asus_pundit.html

Acording to http://www.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=Pundit&langs=01 and
http://store.yahoo.com/pctekonline/aspunp4slimb.html the Pundit uses for
video the SiS 315, however the linuxtested site reports the "display
adapter" as SiS 651 - a typo, maybe?

You can find more info about support for SiS video chipsets on Linux at
http://www.winischhofer.net/linuxsis630.shtml

Acording to that page, "Xv is supported on all chipsets", and reading
further (XvOnCRT2  -
http://www.winischhofer.net/linuxsis630.shtml#xvoncrt2) you'll find that
Xv is also supported on the tv-out when using both vga and tv-out.

I hope your questions were answered.

Good luck and have fun with MythTV!

Carlos

P.S. Anyone knows where to buy a Pundit in Europe? PCTek sells them on
the US (http://store.yahoo.com/pctekonline/aspunp4slimb.html), however
they told me that shipping to Europe would cost around 80US$, which
makes it too expensive to import.