[mythtv-users] Frequency off on channel 5 and 6

Mark Haislip mark at voxpopzine.com
Wed May 7 22:27:46 EDT 2003

Hello Matthew,

MSH> On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 09:42:19PM -0400, Mark Haislip wrote:
>> couldn't find the settings in 'General'?? So I played a bit with
>> xawtv:
>>
>> us-cable - works as described. good except channel 5 and 6
>> us-bcast - same as above.
>> us-cable-hrc - all channels now come in but out of tune.
>> All appear to be 20 or so Mhz too low and can be tuned using the right
>> and left arrows with xawtv.

MSH> Use Google, christ.

MSH> "
MSH>    HRC & ICC Offset Cable Channel Plans

MSH>    Some  cable  systems  purposefully  shift the video and audio carrier frequencies of some or most channels. Two common carrier shift schemes are the Harmonically Related Carrier
MSH>    (HRC) and Incrementally Coherent Related Carrier (ICC or IRC).

MSH>    The  HRC  system  shifts  all the cable channels 2-125 down in frequency -1.25 MHz from the FCC assigned or standard cable frequency except channels 4 and 5. Channel 4 and 5 are
MSH>    shifted up in frequency +.75 MHz. An additional channel, designated channel 1, is created between channel 4 and channel 5 with a carrier frequency of 72 MHz.

MSH>    The IRC or ICC system shifts channels 4 and 5 up in frequency +2.0 MHz from the FCC assigned or standard cable frequency. An additional channel, designated channel 1, is created
MSH>    between channels 4 and 5 with a carrier frequency of 73.25 MHz.

MSH> "

MSH> you need us-cable-irc or us-cable-icc, in xawtv it would be us-cable-irc

>> --
>> Best regards,
>>  Mark                            mailto:mark at voxpopzine.com

I just ended up tweaking the 'finetuning' field in the 'channels'
table. 35Mhz did the trick for both 5&6.

Re: us-cable-* Where in myth is this now controled. With myth .7 I
altered it in the settings.txt file. I am now using .8 and was told
that it does not use the settings.txt file. I find no place in the UI
to enter this. Haven't looked in the database yet but ...

--
Best regards,
 Mark                            mailto:mark at voxpopzine.com