[mythtv-users] Frequency off on channel 5 and 6

Matthew S. Hallacy poptix at techmonkeys.org
Wed May 7 08:09:56 EDT 2003

On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 09:42:19PM -0400, Mark Haislip wrote:
> couldn't find the settings in 'General'?? So I played a bit with
> xawtv:
>
> us-cable - works as described. good except channel 5 and 6
> us-bcast - same as above.
> us-cable-hrc - all channels now come in but out of tune.
> All appear to be 20 or so Mhz too low and can be tuned using the right
> and left arrows with xawtv.

Use Google, christ.

"
   HRC & ICC Offset Cable Channel Plans

   Some  cable  systems  purposefully  shift the video and audio carrier frequencies of some or most channels. Two common carrier shift schemes are the Harmonically Related Carrier
   (HRC) and Incrementally Coherent Related Carrier (ICC or IRC).

   The  HRC  system  shifts  all the cable channels 2-125 down in frequency -1.25 MHz from the FCC assigned or standard cable frequency except channels 4 and 5. Channel 4 and 5 are
   shifted up in frequency +.75 MHz. An additional channel, designated channel 1, is created between channel 4 and channel 5 with a carrier frequency of 72 MHz.

   The IRC or ICC system shifts channels 4 and 5 up in frequency +2.0 MHz from the FCC assigned or standard cable frequency. An additional channel, designated channel 1, is created
   between channels 4 and 5 with a carrier frequency of 73.25 MHz.

"

you need us-cable-irc or us-cable-icc, in xawtv it would be us-cable-irc