[mythtv-users] Savage video cards, TV out, and X

Ray Olszewski ray at comarre.com
Mon May 5 20:30:37 EDT 2003

At 10:03 PM 5/5/2003 -0400, Jeremy Green wrote:
>I just noticed that if I set my X to start up in 16 bit mode it fails to
>find any BIOS modes and then the TVOut doesn't work.  TVOut works fine in
>24 bit mode.
>I have yet to get any video to play though...

Just tried that too; still no joy. Same "disabling BIOS" message yet again.
Pfui!

This card has played video just fine on a VGA display for a while now
(using xine, mplayer, or xawtv ... this is not my Myth host, just a
different card I'm using to test the X server before I spend any more money
on cards for my Myth host that might not work). It does not support xv,
which will be a big deal for Myth but is OK for these other players.