[mythtv-users] Re: how many days for mythfilldatabase?

Gregorio Gervasio Jr. gtgj at pacbell.net
Tue Mar 25 18:56:21 UTC 2003

>>>>> On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 11:45:54 -0500, "Kevin J. Slater" <kslater at pobox.com> said:

k> Ok, that is indeed my question. And I'm not seeing what you
k> suggest. Rather it seems that mythfilldatabase is getting the
k> following day only. It doesn't indicate that its having any trouble
k> either. Wasn't there some setting that controlled how many days of
k> programming it kept? Maybe it was during the build stage? In any
k> case, any suggestions on where to look for trouble? I was able to
k> use tv_grab_na to grab 7 days worth of listings (using my
k> $HOME/.mythtv/DirecTV.xmltv as the config file) into a file. Then I
k> invoked mythfilldatabase with the input file options and it happily
k> parsed the file into the myth database.

        I think it has worked this way for a long time now:

        If you run mythfilldatabase+tv_grab_na immediately after it
has just run, it only grabs program info for one day (tomorrow).  If
you run it once a day, it will only grab info for two days (tomorrow
and tomorrow+7).  It grabs a full 8 days worth only when your database
is empty (eg. the first time you run).  On subsequent runs, it always
grabs program info for the next day (to pick up programming changes).
It will then check to see if it needs to grab program info for today
and for the next eight days.  If any programming info for that day
already exists (at least 20 programs in the table), it will not grab
program info again.

--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.
gtgj at pacbell.net