[mythtv-users] Current SAA7134 status.

joel at rosafluffmoln.nu joel at rosafluffmoln.nu
Tue Mar 25 07:31:25 UTC 2003

Im currently using the a saa7134 baser board and it works great. The v4l2 is
backwardcompatibel with v4l so its no problems. I compiled v4l2 as a module
(can be found on www.bytesex.org) and saa7134 as a module too and it worked
like a charm. First I tried to keep the kernel patched with th v4l2 patches but
that was more of a work then using the module.
One thing I havent tried is the VBI stuff for closed caption.
The card im using is a terratec cinergy 400 which cost about 70$ here in
Sweden, but it is perhaps cheaper in Austrialia.

Cheers,
Joel