[mythtv-users] ASUS a7n266-vm IDE issue

m0j0.j0j0 m0j0 at foofus.net
Sun Mar 23 17:23:45 UTC 2003

Cliff Draper wrote
> After trying for several days to get an old ATI's TV-out to work, I
> purchased a VGA-to-NTSC converter from startech.com as well.  Setup
> and installation was so easy.  However, the colors were oversaturated
> (colors tend towards white) on my 3 year old TV, and I had no way to
> tune it.  So, I got a gForce4.  Spent 30 minutes setting it up, and it
> works great.

Are you using a dual-headed output mode, or are you just booting
your machine with no monitor, with just the TV-out connected?

I've been wanting to setup dual-headed with TV-out, but I haven't found
all the info in one place.  Some mentions to nvtv (which I've played
with a bit) and some mentions of creating new entries in the XF86Config
file to create special output modes for TV-out, but I'm not sure if
that was the "old way" and "nvtv" is the "new way" or if I need to
set things up using both the configs and the utility.

I've got a couple machines that could be candidates for this.  One
with a GeForce2MX and the other a GeForce4 (both are dual-headed).

-Chris