[mythtv-users] New Debian packages up (0.8-9)

Matt Zimmerman mdz at debian.org
Wed Mar 19 15:48:31 UTC 2003

From: Mike Wohlgemuth <mjw at woogie.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 11:50:47 -0500
> Well, I'm not sure what you mean by "the best it can", but I have an
> e-TV VGA to NTSC converter from startech.com.  The problem I have is
> that colors close to white get rendered as white.  No adjustment seems
> to help, since it's really only the light colors that need a brightness
> adjustment.  I can't necessarily blame it on the converter, since it
> could be my 15 year old TV.  When I get time, I'll drag a TV down from
> upstairs to compare against.

After trying for several days to get an old ATI's TV-out to work, I
purchased a VGA-to-NTSC converter from startech.com as well.  Setup
and installation was so easy.  However, the colors were oversaturated
(colors tend towards white) on my 3 year old TV, and I had no way to
tune it.  So, I got a gForce4.  Spent 30 minutes setting it up, and it
works great.

Cliff Draper    Sun Microsystems, Forte Tools
My opinions may or may not reflect those of my employer.
All programmers are playwrights and all computers are lousy actors.