[mythtv-users] DVD in myth TV

Carlos Talbot carlos at talbot.net
Tue Mar 18 03:19:58 UTC 2003

Do you have a Mitsu HTDV? If so you don't want to connect via the VGA
in-port as it's limited to 640x480. With the right cable you can display
960x540P (1080i) which the t.v. was designed for. You have two options
for connecting a VGA card to your mitsu:

1. A transcoder such as
http://www.digitalconnection.com/products/video/9a62.asp
2. A VGA to RGBHV breakout cable:
http://www.digitalconnection.com/Products/Cables/vgarca.asp

Provided you supply the correct modeline setting in XF86Config-4 your
t.v. will display HDTV resolutions from your VGA card.

A lot of this is dicussed at
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=26

Carlos