[mythtv-users] ./setup INPUT window screen is blank

Kyle Bowerman kyle at bowerman.org
Wed Mar 19 03:26:10 UTC 2003

usenet at wingert.org wrote:

>My Mitsubishi has VGA in, but only 640x480, it is a top of the line Diamond too.

Yeah, I've found the TVs with the VGA in doesn't really correspond with
how highly priced they are. Sampo makes a 34" Tube HDTV that'll do 720p
and 1080i on its SVGA input, and it goes for about $1500 US.

>Which TVs do 1080i?

Mostly the ones with DVI inputs, I understand. Although, like I said,
there are issues with computer DVI -> HDTV DVI sometimes. Best thing you
can do is drag your machine in to a shop and try it out on the TV you're
thinking of.

>Could you provide a link for a VGA to 1080i Converter for $100?

Sure. Keohi HDTV has a nice page on them:
http://www.keohi.com/keohihdtv/interfaces/rgbtocomponenttranscoder.html

http://www.digitalconnection.com/products/video/9a60.asp
http://www.yourdigitalhome.com/dss4u/rcavhvgatoco.html

You can probably use froogle.google.com to find cheaper prices. Also,
apparently Circuit City carries the RCA model, so you can call them and
see how much it is locally.

Graeme