[mythtv-users] Leadtek winfast 2000 XP Can I get sound from bttv directly?

Tue Mar 18 17:54:02 UTC 2003

On Monday 17 March 2003 08:19 am, kdavis at cfl.rr.com wrote:
> Upgraded 2 functional .7 machines to .8 last night.  The backend is an
> Athlon XP, Frontend Celeron 900.(right now only the Athlon has a tuner
> card)  The backend works great, can watch live, record, etc.  When I start
> the backend on the Athlon XP, then move over to the Celeron and start the
> Frontend, I get:
>
> [root at cel root]# mythfrontend
> connecting to backend server: 10.20.20.2:6543
> Could not connect to server
> Could not connect to server
> Segmentation fault
> [root at cel root]#
>
> 10.20.20.2 is the correct IP address of the backend machine.  The seg fault
> occurs when I select anything like watch a recording, or watch live TV.
> The backend says he's adding the machine as a player, that's it.
>
> Is there some doc that says you have to allow the remote frontend machine
> to read the database on the backend server?
>
> Any suggestions??

mysql.txt on the remote frontend has to point to the same DB server as the
master backend is using -- your issue, though, sounds like the
BackendServerIP setting is not correct (the first address on the setup page),
but MasterServerIP setting is.

Isaac