[mythtv-users] Help with ATI Remote setup
dhubbard at dwightandamy.com
Fri Mar 14 18:36:13 UTC 2003
> I'm looking for any help that I can get with setting up Myth to work
> with my ATI Remote. I looked at the Gatos ati_remote project but got a
> bit confused as to whether I should use ati_remote or lirc_usb (included
> in ati_remote proj.), or both. Basically I want to be able to use the
> remote (mouse functions as well), along with my standard usb keyboard
> and mouse. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I use the ati_remote module. The method I used to install it on my Redhat
8.0 system where something like this:
1. Pulled down the ati_remote kernel module source from the gatos project.
2. Extract the tarball.
tar -xzvf ati_remote-2.1.1.tgz
3. Install the kernel sources
4. cd into the driver directory
5. Fix the makefile (it looks for the kernel includes in /usr/src/linux
instead of /usr/src/linux-2.4)
cp Makefile Makefile.bad
sed "s/I\/usr\/src\/linux\//I\/usr\/src\/linux-2.4\//g" < Makefile.bad
6. Build the module
7. Install the module
8. Redo the module dependencies.
9. Make sure the module loads.
10. Make the module load on startup (lazy method)
echo "/sbin/modprobe ati_remote" >> /etc/rc.d/rc.local
11. Set up the keys on the remote using xmodmap (I don't have my xmodmap
file handy here)
More information about the mythtv-users