[mythtv-users] all programs 1 hour to early -- problem with blanks in channel names

Florian Krohs krohs at uni.de
Fri Mar 14 15:05:56 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 12 March 2003 09:59 pm, Chris Palmer wrote:
> Hi...
>
> Things were working pretty decent at the end of last week, but for
> some reason, I'm now having trouble with remote playback.  I'm running
> from a CVS checkout from some time yesterday (I'd be happy to provide
> more info, if someone wants to find out which versions of any particular
> files I have).

> backend becomes unresponsive to any more requests.
<snip>

It really does sound like the backend's getting stuffed up somewhere.  I'm not
able to reproduce this, though..  So, here's what I'd like you to do:

- verify real quick that you're running the same CVS checkout on both
machines.
- recompile things on the box running the backend for debugging (edit
settings.pro), and run the backend inside of gdb (ie., gdb mythbackend, then
type run at the prompt).
- get it to hang
- in gdb, hit ctl-c to break execution.
- type 'info threads' at the prompt -- you should see a list, similar to:

(gdb) info threads
* 5 Thread 49156 (LWP 15130)  0x409bdf11 in nanosleep () from /lib/libc.so.6
  4 Thread 32771 (LWP 15129)  0x409bdf11 in nanosleep () from /lib/libc.so.6
  3 Thread 16386 (LWP 15127)  0x409bdf11 in nanosleep () from /lib/libc.so.6
  2 Thread 32769 (LWP 15126)  0x409e02c0 in poll () from /lib/libc.so.6
  1 Thread 16384 (LWP 15121)  0x409e1b1e in select () from /lib/libc.so.6

- What you're going to do is get a backtrace from each running thread, so, for
each thread, do something like:
   - thread 5
   - bt full
The left column is the thread number..  just do that for each thread, and send
me the output.. Hopefully, that'll show enough to say where it's getting held
up at.

Isaac