[mythtv-users] Audio MP3 encoding quality

David Madsen madsend at myrealbox.com
Tue Mar 11 22:59:57 UTC 2003

Have any of you tweaked the audio quality setting in MythTV with good
results?  I have been noticing a substantial loss in quality of the audio in
the recordings as compared to the original.  I do however like the lower
disk usage that the compression provides.  I've got an AMD XP 2000+ running
the machine, although it's only got pc133 mem, no DDR.  I'm wondering if
anyone out there has had any experiences with changing the quality setting?

Dave Madsen