[mythtv-users] Myth Setup Question

Mike Wood mike at woodsnest.com
Sat Mar 8 15:33:13 UTC 2003

I just ran through all the installation steps for MythTV and I'm very
close to getting it up and running but I've hit a little snag when I run
Setup.  One of the questions that's asked is what device the capture
card is on...and I don't know!  I know it seems kinda silly, but how can
I tell which device my ATI-TV Wonder VE is on?  I also have a GeForce 4
as my video card.  Are these both in /dev/video?  I'm running RH8.0.

I think everything else is working.  Setup runs xmltv and finds all my
channels for my area ok, but then I get a message that says something to
the affect of it can match my channel to the input ...and I think that's
because I haven't told it the proper device to locate the input source.

I can't wait to get this fixed and get MythTV up and running for the
first time!

Thanks from a Newbie,
Mike