[mythtv-users] Non-continuous picture when watching TV in MythTV

Unit3 unit3 at demoni.ca
Mon Mar 3 21:29:36 UTC 2003

barryc wrote:

>Company called KnowledgeMicro.com has a listing for a Tyan S2460 Dual Athlon board for $165, inc shipping.  That's the cheapest dual socket-a board I saw advertised through pricewatch.  By contrast, dual socket-370 boards can be found for ~$100.

This is generally a good plan... except that I live in Canada, and since
the "war on terror/iraq/target of the week" began, bringing things over
the border means you basically have to multiply the list price by 2. How
duty charges relate to national security, especially on things *leaving*
the country, I don't know, but as it stand now I'm trying to find a
company in Canada with a good price.

Any suggestions are welcome! :)

Graeme