[mythtv-users] Radio tuner cards?

barryc barryc at rjlsystems.com
Tue Mar 4 20:42:07 UTC 2003

Erik Arendse wrote:

> The performance has _nothing_ in common with xawtv, which just grabs
> data from the BTTV driver and stuffs it on your XV display. MythTV is
> a real PVR which is always timeshifting, if you just want to view TV
> then use a TV-program like xawtv.

Wait...

So even if you're not doing the "pause live tv" thing, and you're not
recording a show, the software is still passing everything through the
encoder? Doesn't this seem a little wasteful to anyone? I, for one,
would like an option to have it just do an overlay passthrough unless
I'm actually recording something.

Graeme