[mythtv-users] RE: Re:Need a little help with setup

Ray Olszewski ray at comarre.com
Mon Mar 3 17:24:55 UTC 2003

At 08:48 AM 3/3/2003 -0500, Weaver, Charles wrote:
>I think I have it.  I did not set the password for the root.  As soon as I
>did that, setup started to work.

Yes. I'm the person who asked about this last week, and I too figured out
the problem before anyone here posted anything helpful.

Since I'm not alone, I wonder if a short note about this requirement should
be added to the installation instructions, to assist first-time MySQL users
...even though this is not a MythTV problem as such.