[mythtv-users] Call to undefined function: mysql_connect()

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Sat Mar 1 06:39:07 UTC 2003

JC wrote:
> Ok, well, I originally installed mysql from the Mandrake 9 rpm and it
> reports that it's version: "Server version 3.23.52", and has been up and
> running great for 13 days now.  I've got a couple dozen shows in the Myth db
> and hate to "break" it if I don't have to.  I'm just thinking that the
> problem is that it didn't install the "php module" of mysql when it
> installed.
>
> I downloaded the latest stable release 3.23.55 and am hesitant to install it
> as I'm afraid it will wipe out my database and all settings.  Is this what I
> need to do or what should I do to get that "mysql php module installed" as
> you recommend??
>
> Let me know what I should do next please.

Once you have a good backup of all your data with:

mysqldump -u mythtv --password=mythtv mythconverg > mythtv.db

you would install an extra package that includes the software
that allows PHP to act as a client requesting data from your
mysql database. This should not replace any of the database
server or stored data. After you verify that your backup file
looks okay, scope out:

http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/contribs71/php-mysql-3.0.14-2mdk.i586.html

I don't use Mandrake myself so I can't verify that this is
the right version for you. However, this is the Apache add
on that allows PHP to make connections to MySQL.

Hope this helps,

--  bjm