[mythtv-users] Channel Changing not working

Adam Biskobing tv at badmoon.com
Mon Jun 30 18:16:59 EDT 2003

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, Joseph H. Fry wrote:

> [...]

I have tried both the remote and the keyboard, same result.  In the EPG,
when I choose a channel and hit "M" it goes back to full screen TV
display, but never changes the channel.  If I type in the channel and hit
enter, the channel number displays, then disappears, without changing the
channel.  Hitting the Up and Down arrows make the screen jump for a
second, but then it goes right back to displaying the same channel.

> Are you able to schedule recordings still? Or is it just recording
> previously (pre-upgrade) scheduled shows?

I can schedule shows and it records them just fine, it will change the
channel to any show it needs to record, it just seems to be manual channel
changes.

> Is your guide accurate?  Have you re-populated your database from XMLTV,
> there have been changes to this portion in the cvs code, perhaps your
> using old data that is incompatible.  There is also a new XMLTV release
> as far as I understand, as of last night in fact.

I have repopulated the guide data, and do so every night, but that does
not seem to help.  The guide is accurate, and when I tell it to record a
program it has no problem recording it.

> What tuner are you using... did you update the tuner's drivers when you
> updated myth... perhaps the install was flaky or the drivers just
> underwent a revision that is causing issues?

I haven't updated ivtv since I got the pvr250 working.  I'm using the
Philips tuner, and I had no problems changing the channel until I updated
the myth cvs.  This problem started about two weeks ago.

> There are so many possible causes that it's hard to troubleshoot without
> some more info.   Just provide as much info as you can, you might be
> surprised what can cause problems.  Hell, we just had a guy have
> problems that turned out to be his system clock being wrong... no one
> even thought of that.

Here's all the extra info I can think of:

Hardware:
Athlon XP 1800+
KT400 Based Motherboard
PVR250 card