[mythtv-users] Channel Changing not working

Joseph H. Fry joe at thefrys.com
Mon Jun 30 15:22:02 EDT 2003

To start... what are you trying to use to change channels?  Keyboard or
remote, and have you tried using the keyboard?

Are you able to schedule recordings still? Or is it just recording
previously (pre-upgrade) scheduled shows?

Is your guide accurate?  Have you re-populated your database from XMLTV,
there have been changes to this portion in the cvs code, perhaps your
using old data that is incompatible.  There is also a new XMLTV release
as far as I understand, as of last night in fact.

What tuner are you using... did you update the tuner's drivers when you
updated myth... perhaps the install was flaky or the drivers just
underwent a revision that is causing issues?

There are so many possible causes that it's hard to troubleshoot without
some more info.   Just provide as much info as you can, you might be
surprised what can cause problems.  Hell, we just had a guy have
problems that turned out to be his system clock being wrong... no one
even thought of that.

Start with at least all of this info, and anything else you think might
help.

Good luck,

Joe