[mythtv-users] driver for ati tv wonder ve

Joshua Santelli santellij at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 30 16:03:00 EDT 2003

Ha - That's funny.  I'm new to the video on linux
(most of my experience is on the CLI) and I figured
someone would clear this up quickly.

While I have the thread started: I think it's back to
compiling my kernel, again.  It looks like the "stock"
kernel had v4l enable (or maybe I enabled that when I
installed Gentoo).  However, I don't see the bttv.o
and I don't see any video devices in /dev.

1) Can I easily check to see if the kernel I have
compiled and running well (except for vid capture) is
worth salvaging?

2) Any good suggestions (other than bytesex.org) for
getting this working on gentoo?

thanks again.

http://pvrhw.goldfish.org/tiki-page.php?pageName=pvrhw_tuners