[mythtv-users] RedHat 9.0 in the Howto

Cedar McKay cedarmckay at mac.com
Sat Jun 28 20:18:06 EDT 2003

On Saturday, June 28, 2003, at 04:26  PM, Brian Kelsay wrote:

> I've read some messages in the archive and recently on the list
> regarding making changes to the howto to include RH 9.0 and possibly
> simplifying some things or adding more detail.  Is this still in
> progress?  For those of us who don't want to install an older version
> of RedHat, what has changed with regard to a myth install?  Please
> share your tweaks and tricks.

Robert is on a trip right now, so not much is being added to the docs.
But when he come back in a few days there should be a bit more RH9
specific info put in the docs.

As for your setup I recommend starting simple and adding complexity
rather than trying to get all your cards and such going. Start with one
capture card, using your sound card rather than btaudio, start using
your monitor rather than the TV. Then once everything is working add
cards, try btaudio, get your tv-out working.

best,
Cedar