[mythtv-users] saving position not working correctly with pvr-250

Vinton Coffman vintonc at redzone.com
Thu Jun 26 02:14:19 EDT 2003

I'm using a PVR-250 on RH9 and kernel 2.4.21-rc2.  Running Mythtv CVS,
MythWeather CVS, and MythWeb CVS updated  at 8:00 pm EST 6/24.  Auto
position save is enabled but when I return to view a show that I
haven't finished watching the dialog says:
 >SKIP
 >Auto Skipping  -2248
 >seconds

The number of seconds stated is correct.  The show I was watching was
at ~37 minutes when I exited.  The actual position where the show
starts playing again was at 1:49.  This also corresponds to the end of
the first flagged commercial break. (I checked this using the editor
'E' and loading the commercial cut points 'Z').  I verified this with
several other shows and all exhibit the same behavior.  Commercial
flagging is using blank screens and scene changes, not that should even
be related to saving position.

I haven't seen this issue mentioned before and I never really used
position saving until now.  So is it a config problem, pvr-250 issue,
or a bug?

Thanks,
Vinton