[mythtv-users] RE: FW: MSI/Nforce2 bug?

Vinton Coffman vintonc at redzone.com
Tue Jun 24 18:42:26 EDT 2003

I'm having hard lockups with nForce2 based Shuttle MN31/N too.  I've
read that there are issues with some memory.  I've RMA'd 3 sets of
Kingston ValueRAM so far.  Some made the problem worse some the same.
Crucial does have a page for my Shuttle mobo with recommended RAM.  You
should check their site and verify that you have the correct chips for
your board.  I'll be returning my ValueRAM for Crucial later this week.
  Not all PC2700 RAM is created equally, so it seems.

I'm running at 133 MHz memory bus instead of 166 to make it "useable".
Usually crashes while watching live tv.

Hope this helps.