[mythtv-users] myth -> svcd

Gregorio Gervasio Jr. gtgj at pacbell.net
Sat Jun 21 05:14:27 EDT 2003

>> I am using mencvcd which is part of the mplayer package. It automates
>> everything from transcoding the files to burning on CD. There is no
>> commercial detection build in, but mythTV can do this for you.

c> vcd doesn't really cut it for me, though.  I'm hoping to get vbr svcd
c> encoding (thus requiring transcode or at least mpeg2enc - unless mplayer
c> does mpeg2 now).

        mencvcd is a simple contrib script.   You can read through it
to decide if it will work for you.  It does use mpeg2enc and has a
"-svcdout" option.

        I just archive the .nuv file directly.  "mythtv" can play
files anyway and at least the Closed Caption text is preserved.
--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.
gtgj at pacbell.net