[mythtv-users] myth -> svcd

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Fri Jun 20 10:18:47 EDT 2003

> I am using mencvcd which is part of the mplayer package. It automates
> everything from transcoding the files to burning on CD. There is no
> commercial detection build in, but mythTV can do this for you.

vcd doesn't really cut it for me, though.  I'm hoping to get vbr svcd
encoding (thus requiring transcode or at least mpeg2enc - unless mplayer
does mpeg2 now).

as for commercial detection, I know that myth does this, but as I
understand it, myth still can't cut commercials out of its nuv files and
re-save without reencoding.

-Chris