[mythtv-users] What's the best performance/$ video card out there?

Reza Naima reza at reza.net
Thu Jul 31 22:46:40 EDT 2003

I came across the LeadTek TV2000XP deluxe card for $51, and it's gotten
good reviews, however, it doesn't seem to have an onboard mpeg encoder.
Does anyone have any recommendations for an inexpensive video card that
works well?  Ideally, something with a remote control and support for
said remote, as well as onboard encoder that's supported by linux.

I'm going to build a system from scratch -- so any pointers would be
welcome.  I've got a separate file server, so I don't plan on putting
too much disk in the device.  I would prefer one of those tiny
enclosures though I'm not sure if they have enough PCI slots.. I also
would like to get 2 video capture cards in there at the same time..

Any suggestions would be grealy appreciated.

Thanks,
Reza