[mythtv-users] rtjpeg no worky in 0.10

Harondel J. Sibble help at pdscc.com
Thu Jul 31 22:22:38 EDT 2003

Hmmm, how odd, in my quest to have 2 concurrent recordings from my Athlon
XP1800+ machine I switched all my recording settings to RTJPEG from MPEG4 and
set mythtv to record 2 concurrent shows and I got all of nothing. Both shows
were blank, just a blue screen for 1 hour. Also live tv sits at a black
screen for like 2 minutes then goes to a blue screen.

Hitting the osd button has it the text show up saying it's television but no
sound and video. Generally the frontend takes at least 2 minutes to resond to
keypresses during this time. Switching my recording settings back to mpeg4,
all works fine again.

Any ideas? Up until at least 0.8 I was using RTJPEG exclusively as it didn't
spike my cpu to 100% when recording 2 shows like MPEG4 does.
--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting