[mythtv-users] Hardware MPEG2 encdoder really worth it?

James S. White james at jameswhite.org
Thu Jul 31 14:04:38 EDT 2003

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003, ndep8515 wrote:

> are the hardware mpeg2 cards like the Hauppauge Freestyle/250/350 worth it?
IMHO, Yes.

> If it really is worth the upgrade.. should I grab the PVR 350/250 or
> freestyle.

I have a 250 and love it. But any of the avove should be fine.

> Any problems with the mpeg2 encoders and Live TV viewing?

Aside from audio spikes when doing a FFW/REW, no.

James S. White                      GAPS Incorporated
james at jameswhite.org                Electrical Engineer - Etc.
http://www.jameswhite.org           Caffeine is my anti-drug.