[mythtv-users] Recordings' Video Scrambled When Played Externally

devale at computer.org devale at computer.org
Wed Jul 30 14:53:46 EDT 2003

Evan,

What video codec are you using?  I experienced the effect you describe
with RTJPEG, but it did not manifest when I switched to MPEG4.  I posted
about it a day or so ago, but no one replied about having experienced it
themselves.  My guess is that the majority of folks either use:
A) One of the Win-PVR cards
B) MPEG 4
or
C) Don't re-encode or use other viewers