[mythtv-users] Camera as second "tuner"??

Brian Johnson bjohnson at johnson-engineering.ca
Tue Jul 29 20:50:01 EDT 2003

If there are USB issues, providing a method to use a tcp/ip streaming feed as a
channel would do the trick

The webcam could be put on another box with streaming software and a LAN connection
could be used to access it's picture

Taking an ethernet feed as a channel input would also provide for internet TV (there
are some internet TV stations out there!)

This would be a really great feature !!

Oliver Wardell (odw199 at zepler.org) wrote:

>I too would be very interested in being able to do this. Mainly so I can
>use picture in picture to see when the pizza guy arrives ;-)
>
>On Tue, 2003-07-29 at 07:28, Max wrote:
>> How to set up a camera as a second tuner?
>>
>> For that matter, how to allow input via anything other than tuner?
>>
>> I have a PVR250 and a USB webcam, I was hoping to make work with myth.
>> PVR250 did not have any issues when it was the only device, but when i
>> connected the webcam I get nothing but black screen when I do watch
>> live TV. If I configure PVR250 first I get it working, but I cannot
>> switch to the webcam, not does PIP work.
>>
>> What is the right way to hook up a "source" that does not have TV
>> listings associated with it?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> -M

Brian Johnson
* This is where my witty signature line would be if I bothered to edit this line :) *