[mythtv-users] Re: Convert to standard MPG files

Matt matt at solecize.com
Tue Jul 29 03:26:16 EDT 2003

This technique works for me.  Also, everything that I have seen
indicates that you should also use the "-idx" (build index) option of
mencoder (however, this doesn't seem to generate a seekable index for me)

I've also had success with a nice piece of software known as
"avidemux2".  Files generated using this software do have a seekable index.

I have played the resulting AVI files back using an open divx codec and
also using a Xvid codec.
Let me know if you need more specific information about the codecs.