[mythtv-users] Re: Convert to standard MPG files

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Sun Jul 27 13:01:57 EDT 2003

> If possible, though, I would like to just "extract" the MPEG4 stream
> from the NUV file and make it into an .mpg (or an AVI?) which would
> also be MPEG4 - NO re-encoding.

try it yourself:

mencoder file.nuv -oac copy -ovc copy -o file.avi

that just does a stream copy into a new container (avi in this case).

It doesn't play in windows on any of my machines (I've tried any number
of divx type codecs).  Though if you get it to work, please let the rest
of us know which codec you installed to do so.

-Chris