[mythtv-users] Record In this timeslot, this channel ONLY on this day

Robert Schultz robert at cosmicrealms.com
Mon Jul 28 22:08:52 EDT 2003

I think MythTV REALLY needs an additional recording option.
Record In this Timeslot, On This channel, ONLY on this day of week

Right now the 'timeslot' type of recording checks for this show on any
day of the week on this channel at this time.
But HBO for example shows the new Sex and the City at 9:00PM on Sunday.
But the problem is, they do a re-run at 9:00PM on Wednesday.
I only want to record the one on Sunday because I have other things to
record at 9PM on Wednesday.

I'm thinking about hacking up the source code and doing it myself :)

Right now my currently solution is to set up one-time recordings
manually for this show, once a week.

I can't possibly be the only person who feels MythTV needs this option
BADLY.
Because I realized this within a few days of use of Myth and thought 'Ouch!'

This can't be that hard to do, all you need to do is the same thing as
timeslot, but also check the weekday to match.

Anyone already do this? Or anyone know if it's coming down the line?
(I'm in the source code right now seeing if I can figure out where to do
it myself).

Maybe this should be on mythtv-devel instead...