[mythtv-users] DCT2000 and lirc

Lonny Selinger lonny at bangtherockstogether.net
Sun Jul 27 12:30:45 EDT 2003

> DOH!!! Just got off the phone with one of the Shaw techs. It looks
> like V7.44
> is the latest version they are using currently and he also said the
> hdtv port
> is permanently disabled :-(

Hmmm ... according to my Cable co, my port is dissabled too. Now I'm
wondering if its just a matter of firmware version/cable selection
etc. I'm going to double check all the settings they have on their end
on Monday just to see if there's something *else* .... but sa far as I
know, there's no way to restrict access to the port, only a way to
access information sent *from* the port. (I'm not a Cable tech though
so I dont know for sure)  ;)

--
Lonny