[mythtv-users] btaudio works under sox but not MythTV

NICHOLAS ALLEN HALL nhall at students.wisc.edu
Sat Jul 26 14:20:37 EDT 2003

Hi,

I'm trying to get MythTV 0.10 to work with btaudio. It works with the line out port but there is an annoying hum that seems to be a physical problem so I thought it would be worthwhile to get btaudio to work.

My TV tuner card is a Haupaugge WinTV (BT878) card. I'm using OSS (not Alsa) - although I could install Alsa if it would help. I know btaudio works on this card because if I do:

sox -r 32000 -c 2 -t ossdsp /dev/dsp1 -r 48000 -t offdsp /dev/dsp

then the sound comes out the speakers just fine (the rate parameters don't seem to matter except to eliminate the sox warnings).

Per what I could find on the mailing list, I tried adding to /etc/modules.conf:

options btaudio debug=2 digital=1 analog=0 rate=32000

and when I either watch TV in MythTV or run sox I get in my /var/log/messages each time:

btaudio: open digital dsp[19]

I changed MythTV's settings to use /dev/dsp1 and then go to watch TV but there is no sound and the video also seems like its in slow motion (like maybe 3x slower than normal). If I use /dev/dsp and have the sound coming through the line-in jack it works fine (although the sound has the whine).

Does anyone have any pointers or suggestions? I'd gladly debug if someone pointed me to the right place. Thanks for any help,

Nick