[mythtv-users] Digital TV

Tony Mahar amahar at snet.net
Sat Jul 26 11:06:34 EDT 2003

I took a look at local HDTV stations that will be in the area where I am
moving to and it looks like there are 6 very close HDTV stations that can be
grabbed with an indoor antenna.

So I am looking at the WinTV-D to capture these HDTV signals.  As I
understand it also can capture regular cable TV.  There are very few specs
showing for the WinTV-D, except that it decodes the MPEG2 signal and Dolby
Digital audio.

Now, for "recording" the HDTV signal, does it record the raw mpeg2 stream,
or decode the mpeg2 signal, then encodes it into some other format?

Is the regular cable-tv tuner on this card compatible with MythTV's capture
libraries?

Thanks,
Tony