[mythtv-users] Re: mpeg 2 playback glitches

Russ Southern russ.southern at cox.net
Fri Jul 25 11:55:33 EDT 2003

On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 11:13:07AM -0400, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Friday 25 July 2003 11:06 am, Russ Southern wrote:
> > Now, if I can just get someone to answer how to set options on the card(s)
> > at capture time (in myth), I'll be totally set (how do I set hue,
> > brightness, contrast, etc. on the card before each capture?).
>
> picture controls (hue, constrast, brightness, color) are all set on a
> per-channel basis, and are stored in the channels table (fixed scale of
> 0-65535, translated into the actual scale when they're actually set).

Ah, I see.  So, having watched live tv and set options on that channel, it
will automagically keep that when recording later?  Nice.  Thank you (even
if it isn't automagic, I can set all the channels anyway).

> The other controls (mpeg settings, etc) are waiting on me or someone else to
> get around to a better recording profile system that handles different types
> of cards better.

I'd love to contribute, but probably need a less ambitious starting point.
I know this topic came up recently, but do you have any TODO suggestions?

Russ