[mythtv-users] Re: Comments on MythTv and one Audio Question

Todd Turner todd_a_turner at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 24 16:27:43 EDT 2003

Jason,

This exact same thing happened to me last night, I
mean the EXACT same thing.  After a few seconds of
playing video sped right up, audio out of sync, same
errors in the log.

I went and played a known good recording, same thing
happened.  Tried to play it in mplayer, same thing.

Earlier I had installed xine.  I assume it caused some
sort of damage to my install (extreme linux newbie
here, this was my first install of linux (RH9)).
Since my box is just a prototype and had only a few
shows recorded, I have started a reformat/reinstall
cycle to see if the problem went away.  (Didn't feel
too bad about having to do that, wanted to practice
installing linux again).

Weird thing is that I installed xine tuesday night,
and wednesday morning I could still playback ok...
something happened to my setup during thursday that
broke it.

Let me know if you find out the cause.

todd