[mythtv-users] Comments on MythTv and one Audio Question

Jason Dinkelmann jason at thedinks.org
Thu Jul 24 17:31:35 EDT 2003

Not much of a question here, more of a comment.

I have been following this list for a while and building a myth slowly.  It has taken about two month to get all the parts and work through my lack of Linux knowledge to get a fully functioning MythTV box.  I just wanted to say to those who had a hand in the HOW-TO that you did a great job.  by following the guide step by step I was able to get the software installed and running fairly effortlessly.  That is one of the best HO-TO manuals that I have ever used.  This list is also supper helpful as you learn from other mistakes.  Keep up the good work.

And on to my one question (my first on this list)...

Last night I began recording a show after it had started by using the guide.  after it finished I went to watch it and got some (read:many):
Audio buffer overflow...audio data lost errors.

along with this the video sped up very fast and the A/V sync was way off.  it almost seemed to be in fast forward mode but the sound was still being played.  I did not see any other errors in the logs.  To do a little troubleshooting I tried to play a previously recorded show (from a couple of days ago) that I know did not have this problem when I watched it.  It displayed the same problems as the other clip.  still was getting the Audio buffer overflow error.

Anything I can do to fix this?  I will gladly give more detail if you need it.  Thanks so much in advance.

Jason