[mythtv-users] mjpeg cropping picture

Mark Edwards irish at irishmark.co.uk
Thu Jul 24 17:34:31 EDT 2003

Hi, I'm using a dc10+ mjpeg card and I get a slightly cropped picture on the
RHS.
I've played with all the over and underscanning options, but they make no
difference, or make it worse.
This made me think it was during the recording that was cropping the
pictures, but when I run them through  (patched) mplayer I see that it has
recorded the whole thing so it's just the playback that is cropping the
picture.
It happens with both the live and recorded files.

Has anyone seen this before, or any pointers what may be up?
I have a feeling it may be to do with this card not capturing the whole
width properly, i.e. when decimation(width) is set to two it apparently
doesn't record the expected 384 pixels, but just 352, could this be related?

BTW this is with UK PAL.

cheers
Mark