[mythtv-users] YAY! I have sound! Now a video quesiton

Brent Michalski brent at perlguy.net
Thu Jul 24 14:16:48 EDT 2003

So, I got my sound working, thanks for everyones help!

Now, I have both a coax connection and an S-Video connection going into
my tuner card from my DirecTV box.

The video input is coming in through the coax connector, and there are a
lot of little screen "bugs" coming up.  By bugs, i mean little jitters
and imperfections.  They happen very frequently, about every 5 seconds.

How do I tell MythTV to use the S-Video instead of the coax?  In the
setup, I tried only linking the S-Video input to /dev/video0, but it is
still coming from the coax.  (I've unplugged the S-video connector with
no interruption)...

Any ideas on getting rid of the little jitters and such.  I don't care
whether I use S-video or coax, I'd probably prefer coax because I am
sure that if I get the S-Video running, I'll hit some more sound
issues..

Tips, suggestions?

Thanks!

Brent