[mythtv-users] YAY! I have sound! Now a video quesiton

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Thu Jul 24 15:52:43 EDT 2003

I'm not sure what you mean by "linking the S-Video input to /dev/video0".
The step where you set this up is the last step in the backend setup, "Input
Connections".  Set "Television" to "None" and set "S-Video" to be bound to
your video source (that's the channel tuning source you set up in step 3 of
the backend setup program).

You shouldn't have *any* sound issues if you've already got sound working,
except for one thing:  S-Video is only video, you'll also need an audio
patch cable running from your DirecTV box audio-out to your tuner card's
audio line-in.  If your tuner card doesn't have an audio line-in (there are
a few that don't), then you'll have to run the audio-out from your DirectTV
box directly to the line-in on your sound card.  If you're already set up to
record from your sound card's line-in, you should be all set.  If you're
currently using btaudio, you'll have some audio configuration tweaking to
do; this is the only instance where you might encounter problems.

-JAC