[mythtv-users] DCT2000 and lirc

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Wed Jul 23 23:16:53 EDT 2003

It works.  I'm using it.  I have 2 DCT-2000 series cable boxes.

One is connected to my Tivo via serial cable and channel changes are
done over serial cable.  (Not using the internal IR blaster, mind you -
I used Embeem's patch and got the menu option.)

The other is connected to my mythtv via serial connection.  I do not own
an IR blaster.  I do not even have LIRC installed on my mythtv.  I'm
just using the external scripts that I posted.

It just plain works.  Try the scripts!  BTW - there are others on the
list that are using them successfully too...

	-I