[mythtv-users] Illegal instruction **documentation did not help**

Dane Kantner webmaster at cmtweb.com
Wed Jul 23 19:13:02 EDT 2003

> I did this in the mythtv directory so that it would install everything and
I added mythtv to the mySQL database.  this all went > off without a
hitch...  so I went to the setup directory and typed ./setup  this caused
the computer to access the hard drive > for  a little bit, but then all it
did was say "Illegal Instruction".  I checked the documentation...  but I've
followed all of >thoseinstructions and it didn't help.

did you do the export QTDIR and export PATH thing at the beginning of the
instructions?  I was doing an install (unrelated to the one i'm currently
having problems with) and missed that step and had everything compile but
got that error when running ./setup

-dane