[mythtv-users] More sound issues (RH9 & SB Live!)

Brent Michalski brent at perlguy.net
Wed Jul 23 16:46:44 EDT 2003

Ok, I have tried all other suggestions thus far.  Here is where I am
at...

I tried both using the OSS drivers that come with RH9 for the Live! card
and I also used the MythTV instructions for installing and compiling the
ALSA drivers.

ALSA was another fun thing, with all of the ALSA settings in my
modules.conf, I can listen to mp3's, view videos, but if I try to set
anything in the mixer or try aplay, I get "aplay: main:484: audio open
error: No such device".  Even stranger, it worked the last time I
booted, but not this time.

Even with all of this fun, I don't think that the sound issue is
actually with my sound card, I think it is with the WinTV card.

Here is a card like the one I have:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2743679154&category=3761

No, I am not selling it, it just looked like the one in my system.

I have the bttv driver loaded and I see video no problem.  I am using
the S-Video connector as my input.

But, in MythTV AND in xawtv, I get no sound.  I have a patch cable going
from the audio out on this card to the Line in on my SB Live!

I am SOOOOOO close with having my MythTV box up and really operational
that this final bit is driving my nuts!

ARe there additional drivers for the bttv card I need to load?  I've
tried doing a "modprobe btaudio" to load that driver but it also got me
nowhere...

ANY suggestions or ideas will be greatly appreciated!

Brent Michalski