[mythtv-users] Re: mythtv-users Digest, Vol 6, Issue 85

Scott Blomfield ScottB at Cavps.com
Wed Jul 23 16:45:51 EDT 2003

rwiegand at highstream.net wrote:
> Isaac Richards wrote:
>
> > On Wednesday 23 July 2003 10:56 am, rwiegand at highstream.net wrote:
> > > I am having a problem with my mouse pointer disappearing while
using
> > > MythTV. In the setup/control screens the pointer only shows up in
> > > a few places such as over text boxes. Over most of the screen it
> > > is invisible.
> > It doesn't use the mouse anywhere.
>
> Why? I can understand hiding the pointer when you are watching video.
> But using a mouse would make navigating the setup screens *much*
easier.

> A mouse does random access to screen wigets way better than a
keyboard.

You are forgetting that this is a system designed for use without a
mouse (read: as a menu like you have in your VCR / DVD player). Using it
otherwise is the exception rather than the rule. If you set up your
remote properly, you don't even need a keyboard.

Nobody wants to have a mouse pointer in the middle of their live tv or
video. Come to think of it, I really don't want it in the middle of my
menu either.