[mythtv-users] info for gentoo users.

Marius Kjeldahl marius at kjeldahl.net
Wed Jul 23 22:39:37 EDT 2003

I'm using myth on a gentoo system, and have not met any problem with
MakeMaker. Maybe you should try a "emerge rsync" and then a "emerge
ExtUtils-MakeMaker". Worst case, if this does not work, a "perl -MCPAN -e
shell" and then "install MakeMaker" might do the trick (from within the "perl
world").

Some other stuff worth mentioning. I'm using the myth*-cvs builds. They try to
pull in xmltv 0.5.10, but with a "emerge search xmltv" you will see that a
newer version of xlmtv is available (0.5.14), and from the mythtv homepage,
this is probably the most current version. I would suggest to make sure that
you get the latest xmltv (do a "emerge unmerge xmltv" and then
"ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" emerge media-tv/xmltv". As soon as you have this, if
any of the ebuilds try to pull in the older xmltv (check using "emerge -p
mythtv-cvs" etc..), try to emerge using "emerge --nodeps mythtv-cvs".

The xmltv stuff is probably causing most trouble now, but apart from this I am
using the mythtv-cvs ebuilds without any trouble.