[mythtv-users] info for gentoo users.

adrian at lawsonlundell.com adrian at lawsonlundell.com
Wed Jul 23 10:31:31 EDT 2003

I tried to emerge the mythtv ebuild, emerge reported a conflict with
MakeMaker, I tried removing MakeMaker but then got a compile error that
complained that MakeMaker was missing. I'm a newbie with Gentoo and not very
familiar with emerge, so I'm not sure if I should (or can) force Myth to
install and ignore the conflict or if there is something else I need to do.

I'd appreciate any insight anyone might have.

FYI: I'm building a myth frontend box using an ECS K7SOM motherboard, it was
the most inexpensive solution I could find with video, lan, sound, and
built-in Duron 1800+ about $80. I considered the VIA itx boards but the
K7SOM costs less and has a lot more horsepower. Once I get it running well I
plan to build several frontends that boot from the lan. I figure I can build
a frontend with just mobo, ram and case for under $150.

Adrian.
This electronic mail transmission and any accompanying attachments contain
confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity
named above.  Any dissemination, distribution, copying or action taken in
reliance on the contents of this communication by anyone other than the
intended recipient is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
communication in error please immediately delete the E-mail and either notify
the sender at the above E-mail address or by telephone at (604) 685-3456.
Thank you.